On December 16th, you can celebrate the holiday season and support a great cause at the seventh annual Georgetown Jingle. This fundraiser at the Four Seasons Hotel offers an enjoyable afternoon and evening for the whole family, with proceeds benefitting Medstar Georgetown University Hospital’s pediatric oncology programs.
Seventeen holiday trees and vignettes created by top area designers have transformed the Four Season’s public spaces into a winter wonderland. On view now through the 16th, one is more dazzling and creative than the next, as we discovered at the recent press preview. (The trees and vignettes, each inspired by a young patient ambassador under treatment at the hospital, are for sale and available to take home before Christmas.)
From 1 to 4 p.m. on December 16th, children are invited to the Jingle where they can decorate holiday treats and do craft projects with local design teams that will include Barbara Franceski, LLC; Camille Saum Interior Design; Elizabeth Krial Design; Timothy Paul Bedding + Home; Niermann Weeks; and SCW Interiors. Kids will also get their photos taken with Santa, watch lively performances and enjoy holiday snacks.
Later in the evening, adults will sample cuisine from some of the area’s hottest restaurants (including Bibiana, Graffiato, Proof and Bourbon Steak) and enjoy live entertainment by singer Pamala Stanley. The evening event also features a silent auction with fabulous offerings in the following categories: great escapes, signed memorabilia, must-have toys, luxury gifts and indulgences and dine & unwind. A raffle will land one lucky winner a new Toyota Prius courtesy of Washington Area Toyota Dealers.
Over the past six years, the Georgetown Jingle has raised $1.5 million for the pediatric programs at Medstar Georgetown University Hospital.
Many local designers work tirelessly year-round to support the cause. Says 2012 Georgetown Jingle design chair Michael Roberson, “It feels so good to give.”
The following design teams created trees and vignettes for the 2012 Georgetown Jingle:
1. Barry Dixon, Barry Dixon Interiors
2. Sandra Meyers, Sandra Meyers Interior Design
3. Diane Darling, Darlene Solutions
4. David Herchik & Richard Looman, JDS Designs
5. Samantha Friedman, Samantha Friedman Interior Design
6. Christopher Patrick and Kaitlyn Andrews-Rice, Christopher Patrick Interiors
7. John Coplen, Alter Urban, LLC
8. Allie Mann, Case Design
9. Patrick J. Baglino, Jr., Patrick J. Baglino Jr. Interior Design
10. Debbie Henry, The Velvet Frog
11. Nick Beck & Anastasia Kessler, Dolci Gelati and JDS Designs, Inc.
12. Kate Roberson & Whitney Osterhout, Corcoran College of Art & Design ASID
13. Miriam Dillon & Evelyn Smith, Barnes Vanze Architects
14. Darlene Molnar & Sara Knowles, Darlene Molnar LLC & ETSK Design
15. Allison Priebe Brooks & Paul Baldwin, The Queen Bee
16. Dee Thornton, Houseworks Interiors
17. Sandi Hoffman, Sandi R. Hoffman Special Events
For tickets and more information, visit georgetownjingle.com —Sharon Jaffe Dan